How to Make Cold Brew
Ever wondering how to make cold brew at home, here are a few steps to achieve Cold Brew Greatness.
What is Cold Brewed Coffee?
Cold Brewed Coffee is a simple coffee-brewing technique steeped in water (cold or room temperature) for an extended period of time. instead of using hot water to extract coffee and speed up the brewing process. Cold brewed using room/cold water temperature. Coffee grounds are left to soak in water for an extended period of time. Steep for 12 -14 hours or 24 hours for a stronger cold brewed. The flavor is rather smoother, sweeter, and less acidic than hot brewed coffee.
Essential Ingredients For Cold Brew!
- French Press
- 4 oz Colonial Cold Brew Lab
- 3 Cups of Cold or Room Temperature Water
Let’s Start Brewing!
- Using your Standard French Press 8-Cups
- Add 4 oz of Colonial Coffee Cold Brew Lab Coarse Ground coffee to your French press.
- Pour over 3 Cups of Cold/Room Temperature over the Cold Brew Coffee.
- Gently stir with a long-handle spoon to get all of the coffee ground saturated with water.
- Let it Steep overnight for 12 hours. (Refrigerated or Non-Refrigerated)
- Press Down on plunger and Stain coffee in a Mason Jar